Project & Business Controller
Do you feel like starting immediately when you read ‘controlling’? Are you the chameleon who guards the interests for both finance and operations?!
Agidens specialises in Automation Projects, Software Solutions and Services – with a strong focus on process optimisation and team spirit among its employees. Being active in an innovative and high-tech sector, we want to continuously foster knowledge and ideas. With us, you can therefore work in an inspiring and challenging working environment where there is room for initiative and growth.
To further strengthen our finance team, we are among others looking for a Controller with a great affinity as Project and Business Controller. For the follow-up of operational projects, you are a key member of the project team and work together with the Project Manager to define and monitor the milestones and risks within the project. The order of magnitude of projects is mainly between 0.2 M€ and 2.5 M€ with a lead time of 6 to 18 months. You focus on the financial and administrative management of multiple projects, reporting directly to the CFO with a ‘dotted line’ to the PMO Director. In addition, as BU controller for at least 1 business unit, you are a key point of contact for analyses, budgeting and strategic preparations.
As a partner for industrial process automation solutions, Agidens serves key industries such as Life Sciences, Energies, Food & Beverages and Fine Chemicals.
You will work at the head office and will occasionally join us on-site.
What will you do?
- You are part of the finance controlling team. Your contribution is mainly focused on guiding and supporting the Project Managers.
- You control and monitor the budgets of several operational projects in close consultation with project management. You have an overview of the financial evolution of a project (from A to Z) at all times.
- You are responsible for all project-related variance analyses, progress checks and support for financial project closures.
- Risk & opportunity (R&O) analysis and quantification.
- You provide the necessary financial analyses and (periodic) reporting and bring these to the attention of your stakeholders, identifying risks and making proposals to respond appropriately. Attention to the accounting treatment of projects is important.
- You therefore give financial risk management a high priority, with an eye for process improvements in our current opportunity & risk framework.
- You provide the story behind the figures – making the project roadmap transparent from a financial perspective.
- You will be actively involved in tender reviews for major bids.
- Strong interest in business analytics via PowerBI .
- You are the contact person of choice for all project-related reviews by external auditors.
- As “Business Partner”, you provide financial support and information to Management for the benefit of strategic and other initiatives to manage the respective business unit in the most optimal conditions;
- Budgeting and forecasting of annual BU objectives and follow-up based on interim variance analyses;
- You can connect with project managers and act as a (sparring) partner for the business. You advise and guide.
Who are you?
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an economic/financial field.
- You are a recent graduate or have 1 to 5 years of financial experience, preferably in a project-related environment.
- By nature, you are flexible and independent, proactive and analytical.
- You have the necessary maturity, collaborate effectively and are a diplomatic link within the organisation.
- Accurate, critical and structured.
- Strong in open and transparent communication.
- You are interested in the technical side of a project.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and are used to giving presentations.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 and PowerBI is a plus.
What do we offer you?
- A position within finance, with a strong connection to the business.
- A rapidly growing company – so we offer a challenging context that never stands still!
- You will find yourself in a pleasant learning environment, where you can develop even further through numerous internal and external training courses.
- You will receive sufficient guidance and regular feedback.
- A good team spirit – you can rely on your colleagues.
- An attractive salary, according to your experience and knowledge, a company car, supplemented by a nice extra-legal package including a flex income plan, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, net expense allowance, etc.
- Good work-life balance – thanks to 36 days off, sliding hours and the possibility of working 2 days/week from home.
- Stay ‘connected’ – thanks to regular social events.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU APPLY?
Your journey begins with your application, which we’ll attentively review and respond to with valuable feedback.
Once you meet the position’s basic qualifications, our recruiter will connect with you to schedule a video call.
Delve deeper into the role and responsibilities during a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, who will share insights into your prospective position.
Engage with potential team members, showcasing your skills and assessing if the role is the ideal match for you.
Congratulations, we believe you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Signed & sealed! We’re thrilled to welcome you aboard our team.
Where we are