Team Leader Automation
Are you passionate about the process industry and do you get the best out of your team of automation engineers?
For our Energies division, we are looking for an enthusiastic Automation Team Leader. As Team Leader, you play a key role in people and knowledge management and ensure that sufficient and well-trained automation engineers are always available for the projects. You are part of a multidisciplinary organisation in which you represent the automation group. Therefore collaboration is key!
What will you do?
- You monitor the projects running within the Oil & Gas / Energies industry or Energies and this specifically with regard to your team of Automation Engineers.
- You define the requirements for the department in terms of people and knowledge management;
- You draw up annual training programmes
- You draw up investment budgets, etc.
- You motivate group members, select new employees, conduct structural evaluation and target interviews, initiate and provide training, translate company objectives into individual targets, etc.
- You ensure that safety requirements are respected by your team and that the necessary resources are available.
- You plan the resources and ensure optimal capacity utilisation, delegation with the right competence level, etc.
- You consult with the Project Managers and your fellow team leaders of the other disciplines and countries (besides the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland).
- You report to the Automation Director.
- You spot commercial opportunities (additional work, new projects, etc.) and discuss them with the Project Manager(s) and Sales Manager(s).
- You provide internal feedback and information: you are the link between management and your team. You can, like no other, translate changes and issues concerning the organisation’s vision and strategy to your team in a clear and enthusiastic manner.
- You are responsible for the efficient operation of the Automation group within the business unit. You monitor the correct application of engineering methods, standards, etc. and make adjustments when necessary.
- You maintain contact with the most important suppliers in your field.
Who are you?
- You are a true leader and have experience in coaching, enthusing and managing a team.
- You are experienced in automation engineering (from concept to engineering, realisation, start-up and after-care).
- You work independently but, as a team player, enjoy working in a team with different knowledge domains.
- You have a solid knowledge of MS Office, (MS Project is an asset).
- You have more than 10 years of hands on experience with the various Siemens software packages. Do you have experience with Rockwell and other packages? Then that is definitely an added value.
- You preferably have relevant experience in the Oil & Gas / Energies industry.
- You have a passion for process automation and the process industry.
- Besides analytical working and thinking skills, you have a hands-on mentality and good communication skills.
- You have good organisational skills and can efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You are flexible and you are not afraid of customer visits or meetings and events at our headquarters in Zwijndrecht (Antwerp).
- In a world that is constantly changing, you are strong in change management and communication around it.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electromechanics, electrical engineering and/or automation.
What do we offer you?
- A rapidly growing company – so we offer a challenging context that never stands still!
- You will find yourself in a pleasant learning environment, where you can develop even further through internal and external training courses.
- A good team spirit – you can count on your colleagues.
- An attractive salary, according to your experience and knowledge, including a company car, net expense allowance for internet, a nice extra-legal package with group and hospitalization insurance, group bonus, etc.
- Good work-life balance – thanks to 37 days off, sliding hours and the possibility of working 2 days/week from home.
- Stay ‘connected’ – thanks to regular social events.
- Informal atmosphere within an international and transparent organisational structure. We show respect, are open minded, take ownership and strive for excellence!
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU APPLY?
Your journey begins with your application, which we’ll attentively review and respond to with valuable feedback.
Once you meet the position’s basic qualifications, our recruiter will connect with you to schedule a video call.
Delve deeper into the role and responsibilities during a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, who will share insights into your prospective position.
Engage with potential team members, showcasing your skills and assessing if the role is the ideal match for you.
Congratulations, we believe you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Signed & sealed! We’re thrilled to welcome you aboard our team.
Where we are