Upgrades & migrations in process automation
Migrations focus on increasing the efficiency, the availability of an installation, and prolonging its service life. Agidens (Fine) Chemicals brings installations up to date, with obsolete parts being either updated or replaced.
Obsolete automated systems can cause a host of problems: system expansions are no longer possible, the installation no longer complies with legislation, support is no longer guaranteed, or the maintenance costs keep rising. In many of these cases, a migration or update is advisable or even necessary.
Migrations focus on increasing the efficiency, the availability of an installation, and prolonging its service life. Agidens (Fine) Chemicals brings installations up to date, with obsolete parts being either updated or replaced where necessary. Agidens takes care of migrations and upgrades of entire automation systems or one or more parts in the case of PLC/SCADA, electrical installations and panels, communication cards & drivers and MES.
Migration in three steps
The first step is to make an inventory of the existing systems and functionalities. Firstly, an inventory is made of all the hardware and software. The focus then switches to all functionalities (recipe management, communication, Grafcet management, etc.) and back-ups. Is there any internal or external process knowledge available? What is the status of the documentation? We look at the maximum migration time: is there scope for a longer downtime or will a phased re-tooling be necessary? A detailed inventory is the basis for a successful migration.
With a smart and clearly communicated plan, we can start with the actual migration. In this phase, we carry out the detailed engineering and implement the new automation system (hardware and software). Extensive testing, both off-site (FAT) and on-site (SAT), guarantees a smooth transition to the new system. Wherever possible, a fallback plan will allow a return to the previous (or a workable) situation at any time.
We will provide the necessary as-built documentation and manuals with descriptions of the changes, such as a different programming language, new communication protocol, electrical diagrams, operator manuals, etc. A professional maintenance team provides 24/7 support.
Met een doordacht en duidelijk gecommuniceerd plan starten we de eigenlijke migratie. We voeren in deze fase de detailed engineering uit en implementeren het nieuwe automatiseringssysteem (hardware en software). Uitvoerige testen, zowel off site (FAT) als on-site (SAT) garanderen een vlotte overgang naar het nieuwe systeem. Indien mogelijk laat een fallback-scenario toe om te allen tijde terug te keren naar de oude (of een werkbare) situatie.
We zorgen daarbij voor de nodige as-built documentatie en handleidingen met beschrijvingen van de wijzigingen: andere programmeertaal, nieuw communicatieprotocol, elektrische schema’s, operator manuals, etc. Een professioneel onderhoudsteam biedt 24/7 support.
Agidens (Fine) Chemicals for upgrades and migrations
- Agidens has a large engineering capacity. We carry out small and large-scale migrations and provide the necessary continuity for this (a large team guarantees a smooth progress of the migration process).
- We are a recognised integrator of various automation systems: Siemens, Rockwell Automation, Wonderware, GE, Schneider, etc.
- A special maintenance team is trained to provide 24/7 service support to our customers.
- Agidens searches together with the customer the best solution and with a top quality delivery aims for a long-term relationship.
- Our project approach guarantees a timely delivery. We are used to carrying out migrations and upgrades during brief shutdowns.
- We ensure there is an increased availability of the system. In this way your installation can be brought to order in accordance with the applicable safety conditions.
How can we help?
Want to get to know Agidens (Fine) Chemicals? We are here to listen to your questions and challenges.