Functional Safety: advice, support & training
Functional Safety focuses on the effective operation and reliability of safety functions, including safety PLC and valves, rupture discs, detection systems, emergency stop functions. An assessment must take account of the ‘failure probability’.
Distinction between SIL & PL
The Safety Integrity Level (SIL) is a commonly used method to achieve a reliable safety standard for processes. This method forms part of the harmonized standards IEC-61508, IEC-61511, and EN-IEC-62061.
Another commonly used method is the Performance Level (PL). This method also aims to achieve a reliable safety standard for processes. PL is related to the EN-ISO 13849-1 standard.
Functional Safety Services
- Our TÜV-accredited Functional Safety Engineers help determine the safety level and failure probability related to the product or installation
- Formulating the requirements for safety zones (Safety Requirement Specification).
- Specification and implementation of SIL and PL.
- Fulfilment of all associated verifications and assessments.
- Support in choosing the right safety components for the installation, often in consultation with the supplier.
- Guidance with and creation of a feasible method with a practical approach to apply these matters to the daily way of working.
- Providing bespoke training on SIL and/or PL methods.
How can we help?
Want to get to know Agidens Food & Beverage? We are here to listen to your questions and challenges.