Revamp and automation of existing tankpits at ATPC
Agidens was involved in the project from the start of the conceptual phase. In close cooperation with the ATPC project team, the electrical, instrumentation and automation concept was determined.
Agidens as tank terminal partner in this project
Based on this concept Agidens proceeded with the detailed engineering and, because of the very tight schedule, started in parallel with the E&I execution works. The main challenge of this project was to the tank pits operational during the project.
Mitigation of the resulting additional safety risks was of course essential, but the quality of the
engineering, the delivery times of the equipment & instrumentation, the planning and the required flexibility during execution were key factors to success.
- 20 existing tanks over 4 tank pits
- A tie-in to the NATO/CEPS aviation fuel pipeline
- New piping, valves and appendages
- New tank gauging and instrumentation
- New substation
- 7 New Product pumps 450kW
- 2 New pumps 630kWfor the NATO/CEPS aviation fuel pipeline injection
- New manifolds fully automated with MOV controlled product valves
- New slop & effluent system
- New Stadis injection system
- Extension of existing Fire detection
- 15.5kV power distribution from existing main feeders
- TRAFO’s, power distribution 690VAC, 400VAC, 230VAC and UPS system
- 690VAC-12 pulse VSD’s for all Product pumps & CEPS pump
COMPLIANCY & AUTOMATION CONCEPT
The entire installation has been fully tested and documented by Agidens, helping ATPC to be compliant with all applicable regulations and to enable their technical crew to maintain the installations during the operation of the terminal in the years to come.
The automation concept is based on:
- The use of an automation platform with integrated safety functionality
- The control of the installation is executed by 1 central processor and decentralized remote IO via Profisafe network
- Operator interfacing & control philosophy are based on the Agidens standard for terminals, including automatic routing