Turnkey delivery and validation of a process installation for Pfizer
After a thorough investigation Pfizer selected Agidens to design and build a completely new sterile formulation process at their plant in Puurs. Agidens took the challenge as an EPC contractor and delivered in close cooperation with Pfizer a turnkey solution. From start (conceptual design) to finish (validation of entire the installation), Agidens’ approach was driven to provide the client with a single point of contact.
INTEGRATED APPROACH BY DEDICATED AGIDENS-PFIZER TEAM
Blue-chip pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer expect their suppliers to work according the highest standards possible. They want a team that can think along, adds know how to the process and guarantees a high quality GMP compliant installation. Therefore, both parties set up a joint project team in which Pfizer engineers added specific product & process know how to the existent process & automation expertise of the Agidens engineers.
This innovative approach with an integrated on-site engineering team resulted in a top-level project performance and allowed one dedicated Agidens-Pfizer team to take up all necessary services involved.
- Joint Project Team (with a single point of contact for the client)
- Conceptual design of the process and the installation
- Basic & detailed engineering (including 3D visualisation)
- Delivery and installation of the entire process chain (tanks, piping, skids, pumps, valves,…)
- Automation (including Software, Electrical & Instrumentation, SCADA, etc.)
- Validation of all equipment installed
Procurement and Construction was an integral part of the project scope. We constructed several skids and connected them on site, to deliver a completely functional installation.
- Solution, suspension and holding tanks, several of which are mobile
- In-line blending system including an in-line mixing device
- Isolator to add products manually
- All software necessary for automation and integration of the process
- CIP/SIP system for various parts of the installation
- SCADA visualisation systems according the Pfizer standards
- Filtering systems in various parts of the process installation
KEY BENEFITS FOR PFIZER
- Engineering, construction and validation by one team facilitates collaboration. The validation team thinks along during construction, thus saving time in the validation phase.
- A single point of contact for the client makes communication easy and fast.
- No liability conflicts between different contractors during the construction process.
- Agidens’ involvement in engineering allows early phase procurement of long term delivery items.
- Joint engineering between Agidens and Pfizer guarantees the pharmaceutical company to keep ownership of the process.
- Agidens is capable of delivering high quality GMP compliant mixing and blending systems.